HOW TO APPLY FOR A WORK PERMIT
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Students who are ages 14 through 17 and planning to work in Massachusetts must complete a Work Permit Application and obtain a Work Permit before starting a new job. Here are the steps to complete this process:
- First you must have a job offer from an employer.
- Next, download and print out an Employment Permit Application for 14 through 17 Year-Olds.
- Take this application to your employer and have them complete the “Promise of Employment” section.
- For 14 & 15-year-olds only (16 & 17-year-olds may skip this step): Have your doctor complete the “Physician’s Certificate of Health” section. NOTE: This must be signed within the previous 12 months of the date that you submit your application for a work permit.
- Now, your parent/guardian/custodian must sign the application.
- Then, YOU must sign the application.
- Next bring the completed application and your proof of age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, or immigration record) to Monique Beganski, who is the person authorized to issue work permits at Parker. Contact her via email: [email protected].
- Take the signed work permit back to your employer who must keep it until you leave your job. Your employer is required to have your work permit on the premises at all times.
Questions about the Employment Permit Application should be directed to the Department of Labor Standards (617-626-6952).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE FOUND: