Respect for students starts with respect for teachers, for them as individuals, for their work, and for their workplace.
Dear Friend of Education,
Welcome to the web pages of the Sizer Teachers Center at the Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School. The Sizer Teachers Center provides professional development support and customized experiences for people interested in learning more about Parker.
We offer several types of professional development:
- Open Visit Days, which offer an introductory look into Parker's philosophy and practices as a member of the Coalition of Essential Schools
- Custom Workshops, which offer teachers a chance to focus in depth on specific Parker practices, such as advisory, authentic assessment, and senior projects
- Custom Visits, which provide individuals or groups a chance to participate in tailor-made programs focused on particular questions they have about Parker
- Educator Workshops, which allow educators to learn about and consider ways to implement principles and practices from Parker in their own school contexts
- Consulting and Partnerships, which establish formal relationships between Parker and other schools and offer long-term facilitation and support as schools plan and implement reform strategies
We hope that you will take some time to visit us during the coming year. We look forward to seeing you!
Theodore R. Sizer Teachers Center
Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School
49 Antietam Street
Devens, MA 01434
(978) 772-3293 ext. 168