Parker Ski & Snowboard Club: Registration is OPEN!
The Parker Ski/Snowboard Club is a parent-coordinated/chaperoned program. The club enables students to take advantage of the Wachusett Mountain Student Ski Program, which offers discounted ski passes, group lessons and rentals. What a great way to spend time outdoors this winter with your classmates!
Important Club Information:
- Covid-19 Protocols - Wachusett is hoping for a more “normal” season this year but we will continue to check the website for the most up to date protocols. As of now, the base lodge is open and masks are not required outdoors.
- Parents must provide transportation to and from Wachusett Mountain. Students will need to go home after school and leave for the Mountain from home.
- 6-week program on Wednesdays, from 4pm to 8pm.
- Program runs January 5, 2022 to February 9, 2022. (Session is canceled if school is canceled. Make-ups are added to the end of the six weeks.)
- Cost of 6-week Lift Badge $167 (before 12/1/21), $187 (after 12/1/21)
- All students are responsible for skiing according to their ability, not skiing recklessly, and to follow all rules of Wachusett Mountain.
- Novice students must participate in the ski school program. We ask that they stay on the beginner slope with the magic carpet and not ride the chair lift until they are ready. (Lessons are at 5pm.)
- Parents can also sign up for the school group program by using the Parker School code.
- Additional details regarding Season pass options, rentals, group lessons, application changes, withdrawal, etc. can be found at wachusett.com/schoolgroups.
How to Register:
(please register using the email from which you prefer to receive communication from the Coordinators)
- Go to wachusett.com/schoolgroups
- Enter Access Code: PRKC
- Make sure you receive an email receipt from Wachusett to confirm your registration is complete
- Complete a Parker Liability Waiver and return to Coordinators
- Complete a Parker Drop off/Pick up Waiver and return to Coordinators
We Need Volunteer Chaperones:
- Adult chaperones are needed to help supervise at the mountain (we prefer chaperones to attend all six sessions, if possible). We hope to have one chaperone for every ten students.
- Chaperones are able to ski/snowboard and to rent equipment free of charge while we're at the mountain.
- There will be one chaperone at a designated location in the lodge at all times who will take attendance.
- All chaperones need to have a current CORI on file with the school.
- If you believe your child may need more supervision, please feel free to meet us at the mountain.
- If you are interested in being a chaperone, please email [email protected].
Kristen Spirn and Dan O'Donnell
Parker Ski/Snowboard Club Coordinators