MEANING BEHIND THE CAMPAIGN
This is the final year of Our Essential Commitment Fund, a three-year effort to support Parker's annual operations, transform the physical learning environment for all students and teachers at Parker, and enable the school to address its most pressing capital priorities.
As of 5/2/2022, the Fund has received over $203,000!
We are so grateful to the Board of Trustees, current families, staff, alumni, parents of graduates, former faculty, and friends of Parker whose generous gifts make this work possible.
All Public Schools
Charter public schools are chronically under-funded because their facilities costs are not subsidized. The difference is ± 20% when compared with traditional school districts.
Fundraising must replace subsidies in
charter public schools.
I give to Parker because I CARE!
“I care about Parker because it’s where our son finally found a home! I give each year to express my gratitude.”
— Jennifer Saxe, Board of Trustee member and Parker Parent ‘20
“Caring about Parker is easy for me: Parker gave me the tools to be successful and the capacity to give back.”
— Julia Case Winer, class of 2001
“Parker is part of the village that raised our three boys to adulthood. Giving to Parker is a priority for us so that other families have this same great opportunity.”
— Glenn & Pam Penna, Board of Trustee member (Glenn)
and Parker Parents ‘15, ‘16, ‘18
Your donations to Our Essential Commitment Fund helped Parker stand up for what is right.
Range of Gifts
Average Gift Amount
Gifts to Stand Up for Parker
Statistics from 2020-2021
Parker is a beacon of transformative education committed to its core principles, a robust student-centered education, and substantive connections with multiple communities and strategic partners. Priorities in Parker’s Third Decade include:
- Upgrade facilities;
- Enhance technology to support student learning;
- Promote teacher innovation, experimentation, and discovery;
- Increase diversity of staﬀ and student body;
- Expand dissemination of best practices;
- Strengthen connections to key constituencies and partners.
Gifts to Our Essential Commitment Fund support these priorities and the general operating of the school.
How can I make my donation to Parker?
- Send a check made out to The Sizer Foundation, Inc., the pubilc charity whose purpose is to raise funds for the Parker Charter Essential School and the Theodore R. Sizer Teachers Center.
- Become a Green & Black donor! Make a green, paperless gift to keep Parker in the black. Visit www.parker.school/giving and use your credit card or checking account to schedule a one-time, weekly, monthly, or quarterly donation to the Annual Fund. If every Parker family gave $100 a month over the next three years, we would exceed $1,000,000.
Help Parker’s meaningful work continue in its Third Decade.
Questions? Contact Katrina Tedstone, Development Director
at [email protected] or 978-772-3293 ext.164
Our Essential Commitment Fund donations can be sent to:
The Sizer Foundation
49 Antietam Street
Devens, MA 01434
attn: Development Office
Or made online at parker.school/giving
FOR STOCK DONATIONS:
Contact Katrina at [email protected]