These are five dependable strengths, developed over twenty-five years, that Parker has been able to leverage to good effect during the COVID-19 crisis. Our Devens campus is closed for the rest of this year, but school is open and students are learning at home!
- Advisories are meeting regularly using video conferencing tools;
- MST classes are engaging in astronomy lessons and handwriting analysis labs;
- AH classes are reading about the Civil Rights movement and discussing rich texts like The Things They Carried or Thoreau’s Walden;
- Spanish classes are listening to Agentes Secretos and reading Garcia Marquez’s “Siesta de Martes”;
- Wellness classes are encouraging physical activity and working on emotional health projects.
Please keep reading to learn how you can help sustain this good work.
Families of current students are so appreciative of the Parker staff, who made the pivot to Home Learning on a dime in March. “As we come to the end of (Week 5) of self-isolation and online learning, I’d like to thank the Parker faculty. I always knew we’d made the right decision sending our children to Parker and now more than ever the care & compassion Parker have for our children is evident.”
Even though we’re still in the middle of this crisis—as a school, as a Commonwealth, as a country, as a species—we need to ask for your financial support, acknowledging that some folks who care about Parker and the good work it’s doing may not be able to consider a gift at this time.
WHAT DOES OUR ESSENTIAL COMMITMENT FUND SUPPORT?
- Underwrites the unbudgeted COVID-19 expenses- we will have approximately $100,000 in extra expenses by June—that provide additional stipends to teachers, ensures that all students can access Parker’s Home Learning, and addresses food insecurity in our community.
- Supports the technology infrastructure that enables Home Learning.
- Invests in Parker’s physical campus, to which we’ll eventually return.
Please know that we’re deeply grateful for any support you can provide. Your gift, no matter its size, will make a difference to our students and families.
Our Essential Commitment Fund donations can be sent to:
The Sizer Foundation
49 Antietam Street
Devens, MA 01434
attn: Development Office
For online gifts, visit parker.school/giving