Passionate About Your Child’s Education?
The ParkerPAC is a group of parent volunteers committed to supporting Parker in meeting the special educational needs of our children.
As the Parker Special Education Advisory Council we help provide a “parents’ voice” in support of the education, safety and welfare of students with unique learning styles or challenges requiring special educational support.
ParkerPAC helps provide ways that parents can make a difference in their child’s educational experience such as:
- Opportunities for new parents to understand what Special Education looks like at Parker.
- An audience where you can network with peers.
- Surveys to capture your experiences regarding Special Education.
- Access to lectures, educational events, and other activities.
- A chance to work with other like-minded parents and school administration in supporting the educational needs of the community.
Formed in the spring of 2010, our focus is to develop a common understanding of the needs of the wider special education community at Parker. This community includes students, parents and educators - in short, all those supporting the education of our children.
Keep an eye on this space for notices of upcoming meetings and educational events!
Is your child on an IEP or a 504 Plan?
Join us for this year's first ParkerPAC meeting!
We will meet on Thursday November 2, starting at 6:00 pm, in Room 6.
This meeting is our annual Basic Rights in Special Education workshop.
The agenda for this meeting is discussion of the rights of parents/guardians and students in special education, and will be presented by Terry Weisinger.
Please join us in Room 6 at 6:00 - 7:30 pm. The meeting is open for all to attend.
All events are FREE and are held at the Stony Brook Middle School, 9 Farmer Way, Westford at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.