The collection of titles in Sora is an extension of Parker’s physical library, only it’s an app with 24/7 access to e-books and audiobooks. It’s convenient for students to check out titles at home with no worry about misplacing a book or returning it late! – these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period!
Sora can help students of all ages read more and improve comprehension. Struggling or reluctant readers, learning-challenged, second language learners, and gifted readers can all benefit from this service.
- Enrich vocabulary and improve comprehension and pronunciation
- Introduce students to books above their reading level
- Teach critical listening
- Help busy kids find time to read
- Incentivize reading with fun avatars and achievements
- Allow easy access to your public library’s collection, too! (in the Sora menu select: +Add a public library)
How does it work?
Download the free Sora app from the Apple App store, Google Play Store or visit soraapp.com, borrow using your Parker email and student number, and enjoy anytime, anywhere on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Whether a student’s interest lies in classics for required reading, or the latest popular juvenile or young adult fiction, they can find it all in Sora!
Monday 8:15 - 3:30
Tuesday 8:15 - 3:30
Wednesday 8:15 - 1:30
Thursday 8:15 - 3:30
Friday 8:15 - 3:30
In This Section
Access your Follett account to look up books, check due dates, create "want lists" and to put books on hold. Log in using your Parker email and your student ID number.