Physicals and Vaccinations
Every student must have a current physical examination upon entering Parker School. The State of Massachusetts also requires that immunizations be up-to-date when entering school.
For entering 7th grade students (as well as new Parker students) these immunizations include:
- Three doses of the Hepatitis B vaccine
- One Tetanus booster (within the past 5 years)
- Two doses of the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine
- A physician documented history of chickenpox OR two doses of the varicella vaccine
- One dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY) – New Requirement
If your child plans to participate in the after-school sports program, they must have a current (within the past thirteen months of the start of the sport) physical examination completed by their health care provider on file in the School Nurse’s office. You also must complete the Interscholastic Sports Permission section of the Student Emergency and Health form each school year. This form can be found on the Health Portal (www.studentehr.com) under forms.
Students entering 11th grade:
- A current physical prior to entering 11th grade (dated after 8/31 from the previous school year)
- 1 booster dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (Men ACWY) received on or after 16 years of age. (One or more doses of MenACWY vaccine are acceptable as long as one dose was received on or after 16 years of age)
Meningococcal disease incidence peaks among young people 16-21 years of age. Implementation of a required booster dose of MenACWY vaccine for entry to 11th grade ensures that everyone is protected before entering the high-risk time period. While Massachusetts college entrance immunization requirements include MenACWY vaccine, young adults who do not attend college are also at increased risk for meningococcal disease.