Please SCROLL DOWN to read the entire page. Thank you!
ATTENTION 7TH AND 8TH GRADE STUDENTS AND FAMILIES!
Our Seventh Annual 7th Grade Orientation and Pot Luck for ALL NEW STUDENTS is Wednesday, August 28, 2019 (Div 1 parents drop students off for Orientation and then return for the Potluck, together with any new 9th graders and their families).
Please review the chart below for the “who, why, when, where, and what” of this special event!
|When and Where||Why and What||Who Attends?|
|9:00—12:00 AM Where: Advisory Rooms (list posted in the lobby)||Incoming (NEW) Division One Students meet their advisors and fellow incoming advisory members. Soon after, we all play games, tour the building, and meet some key faculty members, such as the School Nurse and the Academic Dean.
| Students Entering
7th & 8th Grade
|12:00—1:00 PM Where: “The OUTBACK”, behind the school...in the shade!||ALL (Returning and Incoming) Division One students (new 9th Graders ALSO welcome) and their families are invited to a Community Potluck. This is a wonderful time to meet your child’s advisor and fellow parents. Kids: This is a great time to meet each other and catch up! Please contribute the following:
|| ALL Div 1 Students
AND their Families
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, August 28th. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Division One Coordinator, Matt Smith:
MEET THE ECO REPRESENTATIVE
What is ECO?
It is Parker’s Essential Community Organization. In past years it has been called PEF and some schools would consider it a PTO. However, like most aspects of Parker, along with being a unique acronym, it is also something different than you might find in your district school.
Sarah Connolly, ECO Representative, will be available to answer questions and to discuss volunteer opportunities on Registration Day. Sarah is the parent of a 2018 Graduate, a current Div 3 student, Aidan von Conta, and Div 1 student, Chloe. If you miss connecting with Sarah directly, feel free to email questions to:
Registration for ALL students
takes place from 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
Here is a general overview of the process:
- After arriving at Parker (or after leaving the POTLUCK if a new or Div 1 parent), please stop by the lobby and pick up a copy of the "Checklist".
- Take a look at the advisory lists posted in the lobby to find the name of your child's advisor, and then visit your child's advisor(s) to complete the paperwork they distribute [IT IS IMPORTANT TO VERIFY AND SIGN THE REGISTRATION FORM]. There may be specific paperwork you will need to take home and then return the next day.
- Take your child(ren) to have their photo taken. This photo will be on their Student ID, which will be used for the meal program. There may be lines, depending on what time you arrive; remember you may complete the "Checklist" list in any order!
- NEW STUDENTS ONLY: Before leaving, stop by the Main Office and pick up your child(ren)'s temporary Student ID. Returning students should locate and use last year's ID until the new IDs arrive.
- Once you have completed the Registration Checklist (e.g. met your child's Advisor(s), completed paperwork, taken ID photos, etc.) you are done for the day!
Remember: Registration Day counts as the FIRST DAY of School. Attendance is taken.
Community PARKING Reminder
When the entire Parker community comes together, our on-campus parking is insufficient to the demand as family and friends come to support and attend campus events. Please be mindful and join in our community norms by parking in the Museum Lot (P5), located across Jackson Road and allow guests with limited mobility to use the available spaces on campus.