Ski & Snowboard Club is now FULL. Remember:
- Complete a Parker Liability Waiver
- Complete a Pick-Up Waiver if picking your child up at the mountain
Instructions for submitting these forms are at the bottom of each form.
Parker Ski/Snowboard Club GUIDELINES for 2020
Hello Skiers and Snowboarders!
The Parker Ski/Snowboard Club begins on Wednesday, January 8, 2020, and will run six (6) sessions, ending on Wednesday, February 12, 2020. If a session is cancelled, the end date will be pushed back one additional week.
A Few Reminders:
- Equipment may be stored in the rear of the lobby near the courtyard doors. Please store your gear neatly and respectfully in acknowledgement that others will need to use the space during the day. Please label all your gear (duct tape works well). Wachusett isn’t giving out stickers this year.
- EVERYONE needs to wear a helmet.
- Gear is loaded up and folks are checked in right after school.
- The bus leaves at 1:40 pm. Only students registered with the Ski Club may ride the bus.
- NO ski boots or gear on the bus (snowboard boots are okay). Please put skis/poles/snowboards in the lower rear compartment and ski bags in the lower front compartment. If you are renting you may bring your ski bag on the bus.
- Bring any school bags on the bus as well. The bus will stay at the mountain with the driver. The school will be locked with no access when we return.
- Behavior on the bus is as it would be in school. Students will be responsible for any damage on the bus.
- The bus company does NOT allow any food or drink to be consumed on the bus.
- All Passes are RFID this year. Please put them in a pocket, not near a cell phone or any metal object, which will deactivate the pass.
- Once at Wachusett Mountain, please grab your equipment from under the bus and meet on the left side of the lodge by the Monadnock Express Quad Lift, to help chaperones to keep track of everyone and their stuff. The Granite Room (far left corner of the lodge) tends to be less crowded and has convenient restrooms and storage for ski bags.
- There will be at least one chaperone, at a clearly labeled table in the Granite Room while we’re at the mountain. All students should ski with a buddy.
- Be ready to board the bus by 6:00 pm. Bus departs promptly at 6:15 pm. Same loading routine as before.
- Pick-up is at 6:45 pm at Parker. Please have a ride WAITING.
If school is canceled, skiing is also canceled. In the event of poor weather or other events that require cancellation, notice will be posted at the Parker School Office by 11:00 am on the day in question and an e-mail will be sent to the "Parker School List-Serv". If a cancellation occurs, it is the responsibility of the parent to arrange pick-up of the student and his/her equipment, at the end of the school day. Make-up sessions will be scheduled later in the season if cancellations occur.
Leslie Neville & Samantha Eldardir
Parker Ski/Snowboard Club Coordinators