Regulations and Compliance Information
a) Disclosure of Student Information
- The Parker School does not generally disclose student information to third parties, though it does comply with requests for information and other data requirements from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), and applicant information may be released in compliance with these regulations. Furthermore, upon request and in compliance with state regulations, the school may be required to provide names and addresses of students to a third party mail house. If applicants would like to opt out of such information disclosures, it is the responsibility of the applicant to make this desire known, in writing, directly to the school.
b) Additional State Regulations:
- Parker does not charge an application fee or use financial incentives to recruit students.
- Parker develops and implements a student recruitment and retention plan each year as outline in G.L. c. 71 § 89(f) and 603 CMR 1.05(1).
- The school will not set any principal application deadlines or hold any enrollment lotteries for student admission for the upcoming school year until after January 1, and shall conclude its principal enrollment process no later than March 15 of each year. 603 CMR 1.05(3)(c).
- Parker’s enrollment process is independent of the enrollment process of any other school or district and adheres to all regulations governing charter schools and Massachusetts public schools.
- The total number of students attending Parker in a given school year cannot exceed the total number of students in the school’s pre-enrollment report submitted to the Department in the previous spring in accordance with 603 CMR 1.08(5) nor will the school admit students in excess of the school’s approved maximum enrollment.
- All applicants are provided with documentation of the rights of students with diverse learning needs, including the right to attend charter schools and the right to receive accommodations and support services. This includes students who may have disabilities, require special education, or are English language learners. This documentation is provided to applicants with the initial inquiry letter and with the post-lottery package about offer of admission or waitlist status. It is also posted on the enrollment section of the Parker website. Information about the availability of services, enrollment materials, and the student handbook are all posted on the school’s website.