- The application process is open to all residents of Massachusetts; enrolled students must be residents of Massachusetts.
- The Parker School is a regional charter school, and students who reside within the school’s declared district receive a residency preference in enrollment. Towns/school districts in Parker’s regional district are: Acton-Boxborough, Ashburnham-Westminster, Athol-Royalston, Ayer, Bedford, Berlin-Boylston, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Clinton, Concord, Concord-Carlisle, Fitchburg, Gardner, Grafton, Groton-Dunstable, Harvard, Hudson, Leominster, Lincoln, Lincoln-Sudbury, Littleton, Lowell, Lunenburg, Marlborough, Maynard, Narragansett, Nashoba, Newton, Northboro-Southboro, North Middlesex, Orange, Oxford, Princeton, Quabbin, Ralph C. Mahar, Shirley, Shrewsbury, Southborough, Sudbury, Tyngsborough, Wachusett, Wayland, Westborough, West Boylston, Westford, Westminster, Weston, Winchendon, and Worcester.
- Homeless students are eligible to apply, and proof of residency requirements may be waived for students who are homeless. The school will work with applicants who may be homeless on a case-by-case basis to determine residency, and therefore, residency admission preferences.
b) Applications accepted for grades 7, 8 and 9:
- Students may apply for grades seven, eight or nine for the upcoming school year. Parker does not accept new students into grades ten, eleven, and twelve and therefore does not accept applications for those grades.
- All applicants must have successfully completed (or be reasonably expected to complete) the grade preceding the grade for which s/he seeks admission. If a student does not successfully complete the prior grade, the offer of admission may be rescinded. Proof of completion can take the form of transcripts, report cards, and/or other official documentation from the sending school district indicating eligibility for the intended grade. This proof should be received by August 15 of the impending school year. The age ceiling for high school is 22; reasonable proof of age may be requested.
- If an applicant seeks to skip a grade or repeat a grade and therefore alter which grade they are applying for at Parker, confirmation of the student’s eligibility to skip or repeat this same grade at their current school must be presented.
- Students who are not enrolled in traditionally graded schools must provide documentation of equivalent educational experience and/or grade completion.
c) No other eligibility requirements:
- The Parker School does not administer any tests to potential applicants, nor is enrollment based on results of any test of ability or achievement.
- Though Parker recommends that families attend an Information Session (see below), it is not required to apply to the school. The only requirement to apply is to submit a completed application by the February 1st deadline.