Middle School Teams:
- Every student is provided an opportunity to play on a team. The Middle School has a no-cut policy.
- The emphasis at this level is on instruction, development, teamwork, fair play, and sportsmanship.
- Participation is a key component for Middle School teams. At this level, it is anticipated that all team members will play in every game.
- With the Athletic Director's approval, eighth-grade students who are exceptionally proficient in a sport may try out for an Upper School team.
Junior Varsity Teams:
- The junior varsity level stresses learning and refining fundamental skills, game strategies, game knowledge, and rules.
- The junior varsity teams are a building block for the varsity teams.
- Participation is the hallmark of the junior varsity level. At this level, it is anticipated that an effort will be made for all team members to receive reasonable playing time over the course of the season.
- The varsity level is an advanced level of play: students should start the season in proper condition, have the appropriate fundamental skills, and know basic strategies and all rules.
- Parker's goal at this level is to field the strongest, most competitive team. (Players may not play in every game at this level).
- This level provides an opportunity for players to play at a collegiate level after Parker.